- Limit the number of folders you use and use sub-folders
- Create rules to automatically send e-mails to folders
- Limit the use of “Return Receipts.” These can irritate people if overused for less important messages. Make sure “Return Receipts” are not set as the default setting.
- Change your send and receive interval setting to every 30 minutes instead of every 5 minutes. This will cause a 70% reduction in interruptions. You won’t feel like you’re constantly receiving messages.
- Eliminate the notification of incoming emails if the pop-ups seem distracting to you while you’re trying to focus on other work.
If using Microsoft Outlook 2007, go to Tools/Options/Preferences/Email Options/Advanced Options and uncheck the appropriate settings boxes to minimize Outlook interruptions! For more Outlook tips, visit this informative site, How-To Outlook: http://www.howto-outlook.com/