Make 1 of 5 Decisions with each Email
- Delete (aggressively)
- Delegate or Forward
- DO – IT: 2 min or less, just reply and move on (longer than 5 minutes it may need to be a phone call)
- Drag to folder, F12 (Save) for filing
- Defer It for later Action – Drag to calendar, task, flag for later
- Practice the 5 decisions (see above)
- Keep to the point – plain and simple
- Focus on what really matters
- Send clear, short message
- Train those you work with to do the same
- Use Power Drafts for frequently used messages and information
If you’re just now tuning in, check out the beginning of this series of posts here: http://cathysexton.com/how-to-better-process-your-daily-emails-part-i/
Good Points, Cathy!
My modem has been down since Friday, so I’ve had to go to BreadCo a few times to check email, etc.
It’s been the most productive few days I’ve had in a long time!
Thanks for the Post!
Fred, it’s funny how having technology helps us save time in so many ways but at the same time can distroy our time management very easily. Sometimes just realizing we don’t have to be tied to our technology can open a more productive environment. Thanks for sharing Fred. Have a great productive day.