One of the most common problems when it comes to productivity at work is keeping it going throughout the day. It’s normal to notice that you’re becoming more restless and easily distracted as the day goes on. The dreaded afternoon slump can have any number of causes, such as inadequate sleep and not taking breaks. Whatever the cause, it’s good to have some strategies in mind for getting through it. In spite of the fact your productivity is waning, you still have work to do and these simple tips will help revitalize your productivity so you can finish whatever needs to be done.[wpob id=”2″]
- Plan/participate in any group activities that your job offers. Many jobs offer these activities as a way to get to know your fellow co-workers. However, the social interactions that these activities provide can also help one to overcome midday fatigue.
- Clean up your office. While this may not seem like the most obvious choice, clutter is a big visual distractor and can suck the energy right out of an office. A clean office has the opposite effect. Plus, the feeling of accomplishment you get from cleaning up a dirty office will also help to re-energize you.
- Chew Gum. The act of chewing is an energy booster that most people aren’t aware of. Additionally, gum with strong flavors, such as mint, are recommended. The scents produced by chewing gum have been found to help stimulate the brain and keep you awake. Just be sure to stay away from caffeinated and sugary varieties.
- Take Fitness Breaks. These breaks will help to loosen up your body and increase blood flow. It doesn’t matter if you go to the gym or walk around the office. Just find whatever works best for you.
- Treat yourself to a nutrient-rich smoothie to give your body and brain a healthy boost. These trendy, healthy treats can be brought from home or purchased at many popular restaurants.
Midday fatigue can be a frustrating thing. It can put a serious damper on your productivity and your day. Fortunately, it can be easily overcome. And it’s nice to know that such simple solutions can make a difference – taking you from afternoon slump to powering through. You just need to find what works best for you.
Want to get more great productivity tips? Contact Cathy at Cathy@TheProductivityExperts.com today!