Serving Up Productivity
Food is a very important part of your everyday life. Food gives you the energy to carry out essential tasks. It also contains nutrients and chemicals that are necessary for your brain to function. This means that what you eat can affect your whole day, including your level of productivity. However, some foods are better than others when it comes to being as productive as possible:
- Fish is the most nutritionally potent of the brain foods. It contains a great deal of the nutrients your brain needs in order to function at peak levels. Some of these nutrients include b-vitamins and omega-3s. These micronutrients speed up brain activity and, in turn, sharpen your focus and reasoning skills.
- Berries are known for being a great source of antioxidants, which help prevent a number of diseases. However, when it comes to productivity, they can also help to improve both memory and motor skills.
- Eggs can also help to increase your productivity. They contain a vitamin, known as choline, which increases one’s reaction time and improves memory.
- Caffeine, a rich source of antioxidants, can help you stay alert and sharpen memory, so you can be more productive. Some studies even claim it has the added, and peculiar, benefit of preventing eye fatigue. This is particularly beneficial to those who spend all day in front of a computer.
- Chocolate can also help increase your productivity. Dark chocolate contains antioxidants that increase endorphin production and improve focus. On the other hand, milk chocolate is good for improving your reaction time and enhancing your ability to memorize both visually and verbally.
When it comes to productivity, your brain is key. If it doesn’t get enough nutrients, than your productivity suffers. However, if you provide it with all the nutrients that it needs, then your productivity levels will be at their peak. The best way to do this is to be sure to incorporate at least one of these foods into your daily diet. Since I don’t like fish I guess chocolate will have to do!